LinxExplorer tool checks remote sites or local html pages, testing each link it finds until maximum recursion number (set by user) is reached. Total link number to be checked is unlimited. HTML files during link validation are downloaded. Other files are not downloaded as HTTP HEAD (FTP SIZE/MDTM) method is used for them.
In browse mode LinxExplorer works as link checker, however all link content is downloaded. HTTP GET method is used in this mode on HTTP links, and FTP RETR is used on FTP links.
Integrated transfer manager enables to download any file from the Web.
LinxExplorer has integrated color HTML, text and image viewer. HTML files can be viewed with colored tag highlighting.
LinxExplorer has integrated HTML and text editor. You can edit local HTML files and validate links in them immediately after making any changes.
Browse links offline
In offline mode, LinxExplorer works as link browser. Link content is not downloaded but it is taken from cache if it was previously downloaded.
LinxExplorer detects unreferenced files on checking local HTML files and folders. The list of orphan files is available from report generating command.
LinxExplorer finds Forms in HTML pages and displays them to provide extra link navigation.
Multiple simultaneous tasks
LinxExplorer allows you to create unlimited validation and transfer tasks at the same time.
LinxExplorer allows controlling total connection to remote sites.
Some web links do not require checking. LinxExplorer has powerful option set to provide flexible condition for what should be checked and transferred and what should be skipped. Final link tree collected by LinxExplorer has display link filter that provides additional option to show links of desired type, tag, status or interest.
LinxExplorer provides flexible reporting. The link validation results can be exported into text or HTML format. Then the result can be displayed in the integrated text-based viewer or default external program associated with text or HTML type.
LinxExplorer supports following web protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
LinxExplorer supports following proxy types: SOCKS4, SOCKS5, HTTP, HTTP tunneling (HTTP CONNECT).
LinxExplorer logs all protocol specific requests and responses between remote web servers and the program.
LinxExplorer has favorite link collection that can be used to store your URLs for the repeated use in validation tasks.
LinxExplorer saves passwords in a file using blowfish encryption. Therefore, passwords are not saved in the history and favorite URLs.
LinxExplorer provides ability to manage HTTP cookies. You can disable cookies in your link validation and transfers.
Multiple simultaneous connection
LinxExplorer fetches web pages by creating several connections to the server in order to speed up link validation and transfer.
LinxExplorer supports HTTP Redirects. HTTP redirect to external link is interpreted as error or is processed farther depending on task parameters.
HTTP Request Parameters
LinxExplorer allows customizing HTTP request parameters such as Connection, User-Agent, Cookie, Accept and Referrer.
The program has option to colorize the links depending on their status, type etc.
Changes in the version 1.4
- Implemented HTTP NTLM and Negotiate authentication methods.
- Implemented interface to cache cleanup.
Changes in the version 1.3.2
- HTML parsing was corrected.
- HTTP redirect corrected to support http:// to ftp:// redirect.
- Stop Selected transferred link command added in addition to Stop the entire Task.
- Fixed: crash during formatting transfer log message.
Changes in the version 1.3
- HTML help documentation corrected.
- Context HTML help organized.
- Redesigned display link filter and link counting logic.
- Added group links by type or status option in report generation.
- Added task check external links added if they were previously excluded from the consideration.
- Total page size calculation added including page graphics, frames, etc.
- Integrated text-based color HTML editor was added.
- Auto highlighting added to colorize links by status in HTML view, HTML editor and Link List View.
- Added task restart command.
- Added option to treat second level domains as local - for example images.hostname.com and www.hostname.com can be treated the same as
hostname.com and not as external.
- Option to select SSL/TLS version for HTTPS Web sites.
Changes in the version 1.2
- Lock/unlock current selected link in content/info viewer.
- Apply total/per site connection options to current transfers in the queue.
- URL with anchor containing back slash '/' parsed incorrectly.
- URL composition: e.g. host/dir + file.html.
- Command line processing, opening LNX files.
- Program startup event was implemented (New Task, Favorites, etc.).
- Improved auto-complete unfinished downloads logic on closed connection/transfer, network error, etc.
- Fixed HTTP range logic in auto-complete unfinished downloads.
- Hard coded full local path detection added.
- Differentiated link count and link reference number.
Changes in the version 1.1
- Integrated color HTML viewer was implemented.
- HTTP POST processing logic corrected.
- Find/Find Next dialog in the link tree, link list and HTML color viewer.
- Capability to download links, online and offline browsing was improved.
- Connection control: max total and max per site.
- Text or HTML link reporting formats.
- Option to display link reports in the integrated viewer or in external program (Internet Explorer, Notepad, etc.).
- Orphan files detection in local HTML files and folders.